“I wrote a very good blog with SEO in mind, but it didn’t get any views…”
Everyday I get such a message from writers, and also people who’ve hired writers.
You wrote a very good blog? Yes.
Did you market your blog? *crickets chirping*
A few things:-
1. No one is going to look for exactly the same topic that you published.
2. Your blog needs ENGAGEMENT to rank better, not SEO keywords.
3. Your blog won’t be seen unless you show it to a few people, who will then show it to more.
Published a blog?
SHOW IT OFF!
1. Share the link on social media: even WhatsApp stories!
2. Post the first two paragraphs as a LinkedIn article and write “Click here to read more…” Direct people to your website.
3. Cross-link! Mention the link of a guest’s blog on your blog, and let them mention yours on theirs. Win-win situation!
4. Talk about it. Create the hype. Share posts with context, and end them with ‘new blog coming out this Friday’.
5. Start a newsletter, and use your social media, especially LinkedIn, to get sign-ups.
Do one, do two, or do all: MARKET YOUR BLOG.
(Psst: detailed article about interview essentials coming out on 28th September)
See what I did there?