“That company is only paying INR 5,000 per month for internships!”
Yes, and that’s okay.
You are an intern.
You are identifying the skill you are good at.
You are learning.
You are a part of a team.
You are experiencing & improving.
As an intern, you take up the offer for the learning opportunity.
You explore your potential, aptitude and interests.
Your internship is a failure if:
– you can showcase only your monetary earnings
– you take it up only to meet the academic requirements
Your internship is successful if you have improved your:
– soft skills
– presentation skills
– learnings skills by observing, inquiring & questioning.
Your internship is successful if:
– you are viewed as an asset to the organisation
– you gain the confidence to take on the world.
Yes yes, you must value yourself and your work.
But first, learn to value the experience by learning.
So stop focusing only on the internship stipend,
And focus on the learning opportunities!
Enjoy your internship!
What did you learn from your internship?
P.S. Not learning by doing, but learning by risking.
~ Toba Beta