#1. Turn your creativity into a habit
– Set a writing routine: write at fixed hours and in a fixed place everyday.
#2. Note down all your outpouring of ideas on the good days
– Revisit them when you’re out of ideas.
#3. Ditch the beginning
– Write the body of the article. Or the conclusion. Get yourself in the zone.
#4. Read other people’s content
– Rewrite it with your own ideas. (Don’t copy!)
#5. Take a break
– Take a nap. Go for a walk. Cook. Play guitar. Take a shower. Relax.
#6. Don’t label it as “writer’s block”
– “Plumbers don’t get plumber’s block, and doctors don’t get doctor’s block; why should writers be the only profession that gives a special name to the difficulty of working, and then expects sympathy for it?” ~ Philip Pullman
How do you overcome writer’s block?