– Get paid for exactly what you write
– No advance payment
– Uncertain final word count, hence unpredictable pay
– Helpful when the scope of work is not clearly defined
– Possibility of advance payment for a certain number of hours
– Hourly rates turn into large numbers quickly
– Client may not be prepared for large numbers & hence renegotiate later.
– Full advance payment possible
– Income clearly defined
– Pressure to complete the task
– More responsibility & accountability towards content quality & delivery.
So, how do you plan to charge?
P.S. Competing with everyone: $10/hr
Competing with a few: $100/hr
Selling a product: $1,000/hr
Building equity: $10,000/hr
Making a market: $100,000/hr