6 ways to improve your writing:
1. Create a structure. Then let your thoughts flow and write it all down.
2. Edit dispassionately and ruthlessly. You may have written an amazing line, but if it doesn’t belong here, edit it.
3. Emulate the style of your favourite writers. Check what works for them, and weave that style into your own writing.
4. Be open to feedback/ critique. Listen to any feedback you receive, even if you’re not going to work on it now.
5. Type out your favourite novel into a document. Elliot Chan typed out The Great Gatsby (47,000 words!) to understand the writer’s thoughts, choice of words and writing mechanics.
6. Identify what aspect of writing YOU want to improve upon, and look for resources suited for you.
What would you add to this list?
P.S. Writing is a skill, not a talent, and this difference is important because a skill can be improved by practice.
~ Robert Stacy McCain